Saturday, March 9, 2013

Well, spring is in the air. I have been enjoying some great mixed salad greens almost every day at lunch. I also harvested the kohlrabi and the collards to make room for some tomatoes and peppers.

Here's what the current garden looks like:

Here's the 4x8 bed. As you can see, I am drowning in collard greens and the cabbages look almost ready to make sauerkraut out of.


Here's the smaller bed. The lettuce is doing great! I also planted some onions to see how they would do in an aquaponics bed. So far, not bad, but not great. Still debating over whether or not to pull them to make room for something more productive.


And here's the one that feeds the larger bed as well. I had some sort of rodent ravage the spinach, so it looks a bit sparse at the moment. I also have some onions planted here as well. This will wind up as my primary tomato bed as the spring progresses.


I still want to talk about my improved bell siphon. It is proving to be a really functional design. I hope to explain it in detail in a future post.





No comments:

Post a Comment